1. I don’t think I’ve ever appreciated springtime as much as I do this year. Maybe it’s because I spent the summer in cold, rainy Seattle, but I feel like I’ve been in hibernation mode for almost a year and a half. Thanking God for this weather; it couldn’t be more beautiful!
2. Looks like my favorite Disney Pixar movie, Finding Nemo, will have a sequel: Finding Dory! It isn’t set to release until Fall 2015, but I’m already excited. “When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming, just keep swimming …” LOVE it.
3. Speaking of swimming, I signed up for my first Master’s swim meet this week. The National Championships are in Indianapolis this year, and, being a Hoosier myself, I couldn’t pass up on the opportunity. It’s my first swimming event since high school, and, though I look forward to reliving those days, it will be nice to substitute what used to be pressure and competition with sheer enjoyment.
4. Recipe of the week: tried this Baked Oatmeal with Pears for breakfast the other day. It was completely wholesome and decadent — all at the same time.
5. Final drafts are due today for the summer issue of the magazine I am the managing editor of, Ball Bearings. (We have an iPad issue too now, and you can download it for free!) As we approach our final issue of the semester, to say the least it’s bittersweet. I am going to miss working with such a devoted, passionate, and fun students. It’s knowing that you’ll have a good time every time you go to work (even in the wee hours of the morning). This is my love letter to you, staff, thank you for all that you do!